Friday, April 24, 2009

In the shadow of the mountain.

Yes, I am a mountain girl, through and through.
I think it is because I feel closer to God
and I am literally further North in the mountains!!
As my friend says, the bible should
be called the moral compass and point everyone north!!

Spring is just about here and I am anxiously
awaiting the chance to plant new annuals
on the back patio. I have loved walks in
the evenings and the sunsets each night.


But as I walk, I am dreaming about the mountaintops.
I am living in the shadows of the mountain, but I am feeling the sunlight close by.





I love to see the snow caps.
I feel the valleys.
And have a true respect for both.



I love the rain,
because it is the reason for the growth that we see.





And I love the stillness of the water,
because it is in those times,
I see my reflection.





Who could forget the Colorado state flower,
the Columbine.
May God bless the families of the victims,
as it has been 10 years since their tragedy.


This is Mount Princeton, just one of the famous Collegiate Peaks.
Man do I miss waking up and looking at this site!




The Arkansas River in Buena Vista!
And do I ever miss the sound of the running water, it is so relaxing!!


This is Mount Yale, another Collegiate Peak.
Thank You God for the mountains!
Please continue to give us each the faith that is required to Move the Mountains!!


He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move . Nothing will be impossible for you." Matthew 17:20-21







No comments:

Post a Comment