Thursday, April 16, 2009

I AM BACK!

Good Morning Friends in Cyberspace!


Yes, it has been quite some time since
I have been attending to this blog and I am sorry!


This morning I went for a much needed walk/run
and for the first time my shoes did not hurt my feet,
so sorry Sally ...I did not "Ring in the Spring" with you! :)


While walking in the beautiful sunshine
I realized that I needed to share
the following pages from a
favorite book of mine with you all!


So please enjoy








I CHOOSE LOVE...


No occasion justifies hatred;

no injustice warrants bitterness. I choose love.

Today I will love God and what God loves.


I CHOOSE JOY...


I will invite my God to be the God of circumstance.

I will refuse the temptation to be cynical...

the tool of the lazy thinker. I will refuse to see

people as anything less than human beings,

created by God. I will refuse to see any problem as

less than an opportunity to see God.


I CHOOSE PEACE...


I will live forgiven. I will forgive so that I may live.


I CHOOSE PATIENCE...


I will overlook the inconveniences of the world.

Instead of cursing the one who takes my place, I'll

invite him to do so. Rather than complain that the

wait is too long, I will thank God for a moment

to pray. Instead of clinching my fist at new

assignments, I will face them with joy and courage.


I CHOOSE KINDNESS...


I will be kind to the poor, for they are alone.

Kind to the rich, for they are afraid. And kind to

the unkind, for such is how God has treated me.


I CHOOSE GOODNESS...


I will go without a dollar

before I take a dishonest one. I will be overlooked

before I will boast. I will confess before I will

accuse. I choose goodness.


I CHOOSE FAITHFULNESS...


Today I will keep my promises.

My debtors will not regret their trust. My associates

will not question my word. My wife will not

question my love. And my children will never fear

that their father will not come home.


I CHOOSE GENTLENESS...


Nothing is won by force. I choose to be gentle.

If I raise my voice may it be only in praise.

If I clench my fist, may it be only in prayer.

If I make a demand, may it be only of myself.


I CHOOSE SELF-CONTROL...


I am a spiritual being...

After this body is dead, my spirit will soar.

I refuse to let what will rot, rule the eternal.

I choose self-control. I will be drunk only by joy.

I will be impassioned only by my faith.

I will be influenced only by God.

I will be taught only by Christ.

I choose self-control.


Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,

faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

To these I commit my day.

If I succeed, I will give thanks.

If I fail, I will seek his grace.

And then, when this day is done,

I will place my head on my pillow

and rest.


___________________
MAX LUCADO

When God Whispers Your Name
( Now, I realize why I have always LOVED the name MAX!!)

5 comments:

  1. Nice to see you posting again Courtney. Wonderful quote to start the day!
    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you again. Your family loves you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOPS, accidentally deleted my other post...

    Courtney, It is good to see you back... I hope the McClellan Clan is fairing well. Look forward to talking to you soon. Love the post, it is so what i think we all need to remember!!!!

    Goodnight
    god bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. Courtney, I just shared this posting with the women in my bible study as we are studying the fruit of the Spirit! Thanks for your encouraging words!! Sarah

    ReplyDelete