Monday, January 19, 2009

The Kissing Hand

These are my most precious boys! I can not imagine life without them! Thank you Lord for the two joys of my heart! Parker started kindergarten this year and came home with the story called "The Kissing Hand" by Audrey Penn.
In this story, the mother raccoon tells the child how much she will miss him when he goes to school. They, in turn, create the idea of the "kissing hand" and each day the baby raccoon kisses the mama's palm of her hand. Then throughout the day, if mama misses the baby, she places her palm on her cheek and gives herself one of the kisses! I love this concept!!


Each and every morning, we have created our own 'kissing hand' time...and mom and dad each get kisses from the boys. Last night at work around 10 pm, I knew the boys were asleep and I missed them. So guess what I did, I used one of my kisses from the kissing hand and placed it on my cheek. What a simple idea that has brought so much joy to my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment