Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Lincoln!

Happy Birthday Abraham Lincoln! Wow...200...that is amazing! My five-year old Parker sang to you in the car today! And then he said, "He will have to celebrate in heaven, because he is really old"... So because of this special occasion...I am doing something 'real special'.

I am inviting my husband, Shaun to guest write. So here it goes...that was me...this is him.


I think that anyone who kicks it in a chair of marble is truly a fly guy.

200 years of Babe-raham Lincoln. Those ears, those eyes, that mole, it's a good thing he was tall.

This is why I wear a beard. Instant stud.

The young Grace Bedell from Westfield, NY wrote the presidential candidate suggesting that he “would be much improved in appearance, provided you would cultivate whiskers.”

“You would look a great deal better as your face is so thin,” she continued, “All the ladies like whiskers and they would tease their husbands to vote for you and then you would be President.”
He was our first beard-bearing president.
This is kinda how I wear my hair when it is short. Not only was he an ethical and political genius, he was quite en vogue.

While we're on the subject of sexy, meet General McClellan.
He was one of Lincoln's generals, and Abe loved to hang out with him. What, you don't believe me?


"Abe, pass me the butter."
(a possible quote from Mac)

Here they are again. They were buddies...


Until Abe fired him and George ran against him. Abraham destroyed him. No one remembers the loser of a presidential election. Case in point, my name is constantly misspelled and mispronounced. Oh well, in 3 years I will be eligible run for president. I figure if Barack could do it...

He truly is "money."


He saved the Union. What did you do today?
"Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally."
-Abraham Lincoln
16th president of US (1809 - 1865)

Happy Birthday, dude.
Thanks, Court.
xox







4 comments:

  1. dude, that was PROFOUND :) i especially liked the line about "passing the butter". SO could have happened. i already feel smarter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome. thank you, thank you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That made me laugh out loud. I love the "whiskers" and "en vogue". Are you, by any chance, related to General McClellan? I'm hoping that isn't a stupid question.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!! You should have him guest write again!!

    ReplyDelete