Saturday, July 11, 2009

Relishing Children's

I am now on a new journey to becoming a weekend blogger.
This is a picture of my new office, Denver Children's Hospital.
I have now been there 3 weeks, with approx. 40 hours a week.

I am working in the PACU.
The Post Anesthesia Care Unit is also known
as the recovery room for all children coming out of anesthesia.

Children' has 15 operating rooms and 50-60 surgeries a day.
We keep each child from 30 min to 90 min in the recovery room,
depending on their breathing issues.
It is a fast moving place!
I have much to learn, but I like the department
and enjoy the art of 'waking a child up'...

Because I love the hospital so much,
I thought I would share a few pictures with all of you!
This is the main lobby of Children's and Atrium!
Isn't it beautiful?




All of flooring's are scenes from nature.





This is the amazing chapel for all to use.




The cafeteria.






Another view of the cafe,
where my boys come and visit me!






The surgery waiting room.


So I thank the Lord for my job!
I thank the Lord for helping me to
build new friendships.



And thank you to Kim, one of the RN's who is orienting me,
for introducing me to the website



relishrelish.com

Gourmet recipes for a busy mom!






1 comment:

  1. It looks like such a lovely hospital. Congratulations on the new job!

    ReplyDelete